Deploying the Squid EDU Bulk License app to managed Chromebooks
The instructions below are for schools or organizations that have already contacted us to have their domain enabled for the EDU bulk license. If you have not, please contact us here.
Step 0: Deploy Squid
Step 1: Whitelist Squid licensing domains:
If you have a content filter set up, add the following domains to the whitelist:
Step 2: Select the Squid EDU Bulk License app in the Google Admin console:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console (using an administrator account).
- Go to Devices > Chrome > Apps & extensions > Users & browsers.
- To enable the Squid EDU Bulk License app for everyone, leave the top organizational unit (OU) selected. Otherwise, select a child OU.
- Click Add > Add from Google Play.
- Search for Squid EDU Bulk License and click on it in the results.
- Click Select.
7. To accept the app permissions on behalf of your organization, click Accept.
Once the Squid EDU Bulk License app has been added, you can configure the installation type (Allow install, Force install, Force install + pin). We recommend you select Force install for the license app for all relevant OUs. This will prevent users from having to manually install the license app. For detailed instructions, see Decide how apps are installed > Configure app installation settings.
Step 3: Activate the Squid EDU Bulk License app to unlock Squid Premium on a device:
- Make sure both Squid and the Squid EDU Bulk License app are installed on the device.
- Open Squid. This should launch the Squid EDU Bulk License app and prompt to sign in to the Google account on the device. If you are not prompted to sign in (and the premium features in Squid are not already unlocked), try rebooting your device.
- Choose the Google account for the domain that has been enabled (contact us here if your domain has not been enabled).
- If successful, the screen should return to Squid and the premium features should be unlocked. Also, the Squid EDU Bulk License app will disappear from the device's launcher (but it is still installed).
These instructions were adapted from this Google help page. If you need help, please see the Google help page for further details or contact your Google customer support.