Why doesn't my Samsung S Pen side button work?
Samsung started allowing third-party applications to access the S Pen side button while the S Pen is touching the screen with the release of the Galaxy Note 4. Prior to the Galaxy Note 4, the side button could only be detected while the S Pen is hovering above the screen.
Samsung devices we know allow the S Pen side button in Squid include:
- All Galaxy Note phones since the Galaxy Note 4
- All Galaxy S phones with S Pen support (e.g. S21 Ultra)
- All Galaxy Tab S tablets since the Galaxy Tab S3
- Galaxy Tab A 9.7" with S Pen
- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (with Android 5.0 Lollipop update)
- Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (with Android 5.1 Lollipop update)
We hope Samsung continues to allow access to the S Pen side button in their future devices, and older devices through software updates!